Throwing a the perfect bachelorette party can be more stressful than you think! However, if you follow these simple steps, you can smoothly plan a party to remember.
1) Choose a host:
Before planning the details, make sure there is a designated person in charge.Whether it be the bride’s mother, sister, maid-of-honor or a bridesmaid, it helps to have someone to oversee the planning and make final decisions (especially when there are lots of people and lots of ideas involved).
2) Ask the bride-to-be whether she wants to be involved:
Sometimes the bride-to-be has bachelorette party ideas of her own! Whether she gives general ideas or a specific party plan, she should definitely be given the option to either participate or have it be a surprise.
3) Plan the party:
- First, decide on the guest list. Will it be just the bridal party or include friends, coworkers or family of the bride-to-be?
- Second, decide on the date (and don’t forget to contact the bride-to-be to make sure she has the date free first!)
- Now you can start to plan the party! If the bride-to-be wants to be surprised, think about what she loves to do. Does she like to stay at home and drink wine with the girls or a go out and dance all night? You’ll want to plan a party where she can comfortably spend time with her girlfriends, laughing, reminiscing, and having fun (some embarrassment is fine, of course, you know how far you can push it)!
- Keep in mind who’s on the guest list, how much they may be able to spend, and how far they can travel. Perhaps start a Facebook page for the event where you can get input from the guests!
- Spread the word through invitations, evites, Facebook, email or phone calls. Depending on the type of party and reservations that need to be made, you may want the guests to officially RSVP by a certain date.
If you plan ahead and work with what the bride-to-be loves to do, then you will throw an amazing bachelorette party. Just remember that this party is about her, and all she wants to do is spend an awesome night with her best friends.